Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best student accommodation in Waterford

• 12-03-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Just want to know where would be the best place to live in Waterford for a student at WIT, looking at two places manor village and riverwalk does anyone know which would be the better option to go with? Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Are you starting 1st year in September is it?

I'd recommend Manor Village for first years. You might know people starting college anyway in WIT but through living in Manor for first year you'll get to know far more people than most other accommodations.

After first year then I would live with friends in Templars Hall/Lismore Park.

So ya, Manor Village.

EDIT: Wouldn't recommend if you were over 21 as most living there are 18-20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Yeah first year thats grand so I'll be only 18 in first year anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Lived in Manor Village, don't go there, its cold and overpriced. Bit of craic but all in all not worth it. Riverwalk is similar if not worse. The only thing Manor has is the extra bit of security.
    Head down to Waterford some day, go to manor properties(nothing to do with manor village 1) or arrange some viewings and find somewhere else. Lismore park, Woodlawn Grove, Ursaline Court or even Templars are all better.

brady23 wrote: »
    Lived in Manor Village, don't go there, its cold and overpriced. Bit of craic but all in all not worth it. Riverwalk is similar if not worse. The only thing Manor has is the extra bit of security.
    Head down to Waterford some day, go to manor properties(nothing to do with manor village 1) or arrange some viewings and find somewhere else. Lismore park, Woodlawn Grove, Ursaline Court or even Templars are all better.

For a first year I'd be against this advice, but each to their own I suppose.

callaway92 wrote: »
    For a first year I'd be against this advice, but each to their own I suppose.

Why?

• Advertisement

I lived in Manor Village as a first year and Templars Hall since. The layout to Manor is perfect for a young first year and I believe as a first year it is far easier to get to know new people there than it is in Templars. Once you know people from meeting them in Manor etc. in first year THEN get a house in Templars Hall. It's my own opinion of course so not everyone would agree but I'd find it hard to see it any other way really.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I lived in Manor Village as a first year and Templars Hall since. The layout to Manor is perfect for a young first year and I believe as a first year it is far easier to get to know new people there than it is in Templars. Once you know people from meeting them in Manor etc. in first year THEN get a house in Templars Hall. It's my own opinion of course so not everyone would agree but I'd find it hard to see it any other way really.

What do you mean by the layout of Manor Village?? How does the layout suit a first year more?
    Another issue I'd have with Manor village is, it's distance from the college vs the others I mentioned

brady23 wrote: »
    What do you mean by the layout of Manor Village?? How does the layout suit a first year more?
    Another issue I'd have with Manor village is, it's distance from the college vs the others I mentioned

House parties more accessible imo. Games room there. Just more chances to meet new people etc.

It's an extra fifteen minutes compared to Templars Hall..no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

River Walk absolutely stinks. Went in there once and nearly choked with the smell. No ventilation in the place.

Havent been in manor village in years but back then it was good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Lived in Railway Square the student building for 3 off my 4 years of college in waterford. 3 different apartments, 3 different sizes.

2 different letting people rent them. One for the 3 beds and the other for the 2 beds.

Security on Whensday nights there used to be great as come 11pm all house partys are more or less kicked out or told to be quite if there is any noise.

Mostly older students living here very few 1st years as very little social life to be had here. But the apartments are hands down the best ones to live in out of all of them. I think there all double beds, some how en suites, next to tesco, nightclubs, costa, cimmna, town, bus. 20 min walk to college used to love this in the mooring as really woke you up for a long day in college.

Also a great thing they have is wait for it a washer/dryer on like must student apartments in waterford and its a very handy thing to have.

There great apartments and would say to anyone live there as there very cheap at 320 a month for what you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement