Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350

Options
  • 12-03-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Have this system but when I checked it recently the main fuse had been removed and there was no battery in the unit. I replaced the battery and fitted the fuse but the unit does not power up. No lights or nothing. Is it worth fixing ie are parts available or should I just replace it? Could someone give me a rough price of how much a new alarm system costs?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Usually when we come across these systems powered down we find its for a good reason.
    It would really be down to checking the keypad connections & power etc.
    It wouldn't be worth spending too much on & parts would not be available as this system is obsolete.
    Price wise ,again its down to the condition of the sensors etc.
    If there are a number of problems you may be better looking at a new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

Thank you for that information. I don't want to be wasting time with it if it's not worth it. You would hardly know how much roughly a new alarm system with sensors/pads installed would cost?? Wiring would be okay would it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the house prewired?
    If so then it should be OK.
    We don't go into pricing here. Take a look at the sticky, There are some installers listed there. There is also a register of all licenced installers on the PSA website.
    I'd recommend getting at least 3 quotes and compare like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

Thanks for that information. We called out an installer and the suppressor is dead and will require a new board. He has mentioned replacing the panel with a hkc sw1070. We are thinking about replacing the aritech with that. Is that a good system and would it make sense replacing over fixing the aritech? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks for that information. We called out an installer and the suppressor is dead and will require a new board. He has mentioned replacing the panel with a hkc sw1070. We are thinking about replacing the aritech with that. Is that a good system and would it make sense replacing over fixing the aritech? Thank you.

It's an excellent panel that ticks all the boxes. Very reliable too. I install loads if them and never back to any of them.

• Advertisement

Not a bad panel but I'd recommend the Siemens SPC 4320 over it.
    Ticks all your boxes and a few more over it. Take a look at the comparison sticky for more details.

Advertisement