Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 window sensor - blue and yellow wires

Options
  • 12-03-2016 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I have an open zone in my kitchen. I believe it's the sensor on the window.

When I opened the sensor, I could see four wires (red, black, yellow and blue).

The black and red wires were screwed down under two silver screws.

However the yellow and blue wires were floating freely (not pinned down by any brass or silver screw).

Could they have come loose or are they meant to be redundant?

If the blue and yellow wires do serve a purpose, where exactly are they meant to sit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The blue & yellow wires may not ever have been used. Are they stripped back or just ending with a clean cut.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

KoolKid wrote: »
    The blue & yellow wires may not ever have been used. Are they stripped back or just ending with a clean cut.?

Hi KoolKid,

Thanks for your response.

The yellow and blue wires are clean cut. There is barely any wire peeping out. Doesn't seem they could be held by a screw.

I reckon they are obsolete and it's just that the sensor is old.

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be any device in the kitchen that is causing the open zone.
    You would need to go through them one by one.

Advertisement