Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web design

Options
  • 12-03-2016 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi, Is there any way to separate text from an image in the websites header for example on my site I have put a logo in the header at the left side, I now want to put in a h1 in the centre of the header but the problem is the h1 height starts at the bottom of the log so the h1 ends up not being level with the logo is there anyway to fix this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

There would be several ways to do this. Which is best/easiest depends on the set up of your website.
    Have you created the page and are editing the html or are you using Pagebuilder, Wordpress...
    If the site is available to view online a link would be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

Thank you I figured it out , now I have another image related problem, I can never seem to do images correct. In my mainDiv I have text taking up half the width the and all the height now on the right hand side of my mainDiv how can I position my image hear? Floating it right does not work thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheRealMadmix

could you please show us the code so we can actually see what is going on?

I did this too I put in a 1 column table and floated it right and put my image inside it

It seems like you are making a lot of mess with the code but hey, if you are happy with the result, good luck

• Advertisement

What would you have done?

you could use <aside> or <div>

What does <aside> do? And how would a div tag help here? I'm only learning how to do this if you haven't guessed

What does <aside> do? And how would a div tag help here? I'm only learning how to do this if you haven't guessed

I checked it on google, any other tips just in general?

You should start from online courses like for example codecademy.com

remember to keep your code clean, use comments so you don't forget what each part of the code does, less code is always better

• Advertisement

You should start from online courses like for example codecademy.com

remember to keep your code clean, use comments so you don't forget what each part of the code does, less code is always better

Thanks!

Advertisement