Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminiscence Sessions

Options
  • 12-03-2016 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I hope this is the right place for this post. I work in the field of Arts and Health and am about to add reminiscence sessions to the work that I do. I have completed training but need to build up my kits. If anyone has any light items that they place little value on but think might be useful to me, I would cover the cost of postage to Kildare.

Items of interest:
    Old Postcards, posters, or photos depicting specific places in Ireland, old advertisements and film/music stars from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's etc.

Hobby specific items such as old knitting/sowing patterns, old recipe books, carpentry drawings, sports related items etc.

Childhood related items: Old school books, pencil cases, light toys etc.

Holiday related items: Sea/coastal themed items, old picnic items etc.

Money related Items: Old wage slips, old money, old bank books.

Items of Historical interest: well, anything that you deem as significant from the 20th century that is light enough to post.

I am hitting the charity shops with my mother next weekend, but I thought I'd ask here as I have been given some interesting items already. PM me if you can be of help.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

What exactly are "reminiscence sessions"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Silvera wrote: »
    What exactly are "reminiscence sessions"?

Something often done with early dementia patients in care home sessions, as it can bring up memories from their youth etc.

Advertisement