Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pigeons eating my lawn seed

Options
  • 12-03-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

anyone know how to get rid of them-not only are they eating my lawn but they are ****ting all over the place

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Pelletgun

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Falcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Insert a whole lot of short (<6" above surface) stakes around the perimeter. (Tip; buy a couple of bags of kindling wood and chop up into thin pieces). Get a spool of black cotton thread and tie this to the stakes, criss-crossing the area in different directions, so that you leave very little space for the pigeons to land. This worked for my mother when she grew a lawn in the house where I grew up. Also you could make spirals of foil or from the cores of kitchen towel and hanfg these up to blow in the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Insert a whole lot of short (<6" above surface) stakes around the perimeter. (Tip; buy a couple of bags of kindling wood and chop up into thin pieces). Get a spool of black cotton thread and tie this to the stakes, criss-crossing the area in different directions, so that you leave very little space for the pigeons to land. This worked for my mother when she grew a lawn in the house where I grew up. Also you could make spirals of foil or from the cores of kitchen towel and hanfg these up to blow in the breeze.

Damn you and your sensible suggestion. Falcon!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

endacl wrote: »
    Damn you and your sensible suggestion. Falcon!
    Right so! There's a few of them around here, I just have to figure out how to catch one using sticks and thread:)
    But seriously, you could use a falcon kite. There's a car dealership beside the M50/N2 interchange that uses one to prevent birds $4!7ing all over their cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement