Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Trolley vs. Electric

Options
  • 11-03-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I usually carry my bag which has its advantages but you can definitely feel it at the end of the round, especially on the wet days with extra gear. I'm thinking of getting a trolley and I'm hoping you wise people could give me some advice on whether the electric trolleys are worth the extra over a decent manual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

If your fit enough to carry a bag a manual troll should be no bother to you.

Electric are great for people of certain ages/fitness levels/dodgy backs etc. They are quit a cumbersome

Carry Bag Golfer:
    Arrive
    Bag over the Shoulder to tee
    Finish
    Bag in The boot and Home
    Repeat..

Elec Trolly User:
    Arrive
    Realise you forgot battery, go back home to retrieve
    Take out Trolly
    Connect up Battery
    Attach Clubs
    Play
    Push heavy Elec Trolly for back 9 as Battery not fully charged
    Clean Trolly, Dont want the boot ruined
    Begin Tetris Mission of fitting everything in Boot,
    Give up and throw clubs on back seat.
    Arrive Home
    Forget to bring in Battery to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

I bought an electric trolley at Christmas and love it. Used to be a bit tired at the end of rounds pulling the trolley but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

X200 wrote: »
    I usually carry my bag which has its advantages but you can definitely feel it at the end of the round, especially on the wet days with extra gear. I'm thinking of getting a trolley and I'm hoping you wise people could give me some advice on whether the electric trolleys are worth the extra over a decent manual?

A good push trolley wins out for me on price and convenience. Pull trolleys are a hassle but a push trolley takes very little effort.

A good one will fold up and down in seconds. There's no hassle with batteries. And if you're currently carrying, a push will be an absolute doddle.

Electric are great but I'm the charging would be my downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Electric all the way for - the game is hard enough!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I've recently used an electric trolley / carried for a year and 3 wheel trolley.

3 wheel is by far the easiest to manage, very easy push & no battery to be worrying about charging etc. and I use it all the time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 X200

Thanks lads I think I'll go for the three wheel push job for the time being. Ever see those golf Segways? Now that's what you want. Old Tom Morris be turning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

always carried for years and i got one of these last year. never looked back

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheel-Silver-Trolley-Travel-Cover/dp/B00LM95QXO

mighty yoke. folds up really small too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

<p>Used to carry but use a go kart now - folds up very small and goes into a bag so your boot doesn't get messed up. Some of these push trolleys are €150/200 - for €100 more you get a good electric</p>

<p>Used to carry but use a go kart now - folds up very small and goes into a bag so your boot doesn't get messed up. Some of these push trolleys are €150/200 - for €100 more you get a good electric</p>

But you'll have to fork out another €150 or so on a battery every 2-3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

fearruanua wrote: »
    always carried for years and i got one of these last year. never looked back

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheel-Silver-Trolley-Travel-Cover/dp/B00LM95QXO

mighty yoke. folds up really small too.

I have the same one and it's the business. Makes the round a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

PARlance wrote: »
    But you'll have to fork out another €150 or so on a battery every 2-3 years?

50 quid and my original lasted 4 I reckon. If you are worrying about replacing a battery every 3 years, you'd be horrified on the lads losing a box of pro v's every round :pac:

50 quid and my original lasted 4 I reckon. If you are worrying about replacing a battery every 3 years, you'd be horrified on the lads losing a box of pro v's every round :pac:

Wasn't sure and hence the question. I do recall people saying that they forked out much more for a replacement battery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Go with electric and keep a carry bag too, best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Is that price off the back of a lorry?

Push trolley all the way. Have both and don't bother with the electric unless the weather is sh*t and chances are I won't be playing then anyway. And my course is hilly too and it's grand.

Got an iCart push trolley a few years back on sale for €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Depends on your home course, the electric cart even struggles on some of the hills on my course I would rather carry than push a 3 wheeler round it:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I'd prefer to carry my bag but it's too hard on my back. My push trolley broke recently and I splashed out on a gokart electric trolley. Great investment. Love been able to walk behind the trolley with hands in pockets on those cold wet days. Only down side is having to charge the battery (the lithium battery cost an additional €170 but has a 5 year warranty)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Push is class.

I have a Motocaddy Push and it is not a great product - and is still very good.

So a better Push must be unreal. And I'd imagine they have some on a little more in last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

PARlance wrote: »
    Wasn't sure and hence the question. I do recall people saying that they forked out much more for a replacement battery though.

You can go lithium which is more expensive but has a 5yr guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have Golf glider
    bought a replacement battery last year, a golf glider one, not a spurious one. it was about 120
    having said that, I probably got 6 years out of the original battery

I do prefer to carry, and would do over a pull trolley most of the time. its a drain on the shoulders though. big game changer having the electric, and it is not as much hassle as people are making out

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

What's the difference between a push and pull trolley? Push trolley has three wheels and the pull trolley has two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

D Hayes wrote: »
    What's the difference between a push and pull trolley? Push trolley has three wheels and the pull trolley has two?

yes. Apparently pull trolleys are terrible for your back. The slight twist as you walk is what causes the issues

Advertisement