Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S4 won't charge; shows a temperature gauge when trying to charge

Options
  • 10-03-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I have an S4 that recently had trouble charging. The battery is dead, and when plugged in this shows up on the screen:

2011-06-07_16.57.022.jpg

Ive changed the charger, and leads, and the same thing comes up. It never charges up. From looking around the net, it seems a temperature sensor on the USB charger port section is faulty.

This is the part at fault it seems: fixedbyvonnie-samsung-galaxy-s4-usb-mic-cover.png

In fact I changed it twice. First one did nothing at all. It didn't even register that the charger was plugged in. The second one had the same fault as the original one. The REV version is the same.

Did anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you tried a battery swap? A failing cell could overheat with a modest current applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Not yet. Haven't a second one handy, so waiting for my friend to call over to give that a go.

Is that battery problem common?

I've tried a different battery, and it's still the same. It's starting to look like I'll need a new motherboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Probably cheaper to buy a new phone (well, second hand) than a motherboard.

Yeah. Was looking at that alright. A shame really. Was a nice phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement