Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COIN game

Options
  • 10-03-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

This is my last ditch effort before I have to wait indefinitely for a P500 reprint.

Does anyone have or know someone willing to part with a copy of GMTs A Distant Plain.

The asking price on the usual bays are astronomical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Hi Rougebladez

have you bought from p500 range before.I was looking at Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar .
    But I'm not sure what "made the cut " means?. Do you know , how soon after "made the cut " are the games available?.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Hi Rougebladez

have you bought from p500 range before.I was looking at Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar .
    But I'm not sure what "made the cut " means?. Do you know , how soon after "made the cut " are the games available?.

See this from a bgg forum

Volko wrote:
    ... and GMT is looking for a production slot for that expansion, Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?, now, as development on the project is complete. Volko

Labyrinth is my number 1 game. And an expansion is a no brainer to acquire it.

The problem these days though is that EU players will not buy it on P-500 because of the extreme costs of importing it into Europe.

That's a serious problem at the moment for GMT.

At one hand the US markets seem to have enough copies around but other parts of the world simply are waiting for a reprint but can't (don't) pre order on the P-500.

I think GMT is well aware of it , but ... I don't think they realise or estimate just how big the "gaps" really are.

It leads to extreme prices in other second hand games too, which is not really healthy either.

---

As an example I take the Battle for Normandy. That game hovered around 120 (?) copies too on the P-500 and now that Bill decided they would even take it off the list, the game (which I really wanted) is simply priced out of the market with prices over 250-300 bucks and rising further every month.

A solution could be a printing/ordering per continent perhaps. I don't know ...

But it is quite annoying that such a good rather "new" game from the top 50 of wargames is not available for years due to an old P-500 system which no longer represents the GLOBAL interest for these specific games.

Here's the full link. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1470771/labyrinth-3rd-printing

It's about another game but same p500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Yep I agree shipping can be crazy from Gmt. I was lucky to get a copy of Sekigahara in Spain a couple of years back while on hols. The other two GMT games I have ,I had to ship from GMT direct,and at the time shipping prices were crazy.
    A friend recently got C&C ancients 2/3 and told me he got a option for US POST @ $17 .He said he received game within 10 days,even though he was advised it would be a lot longer.
    If this is still available later on in the year I might check it out when I have some spare cash as Gmt have some great games.

Yep I agree shipping can be crazy from Gmt. I was lucky to get a copy of Sekigahara in Spain a couple of years back while on hols. The other two GMT games I have ,I had to ship from GMT direct,and at the time shipping prices were crazy.
    A friend recently got C&C ancients 2/3 and told me he got a option for US POST @ $17 .He said he received game within 10 days,even though he was advised it would be a lot longer.
    If this is still available later on in the year I might check it out when I have some spare cash as Gmt have some great games.

Signed up for ADP from GMT. just got billed. It's 17 bucks for postage. I'll let you know how long it takes for it to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Abhoth

I regularly buy games from GMT on P500. Their non-Asia slow shipping option is reasonably priced. It usually arrives very quickly, and the shipping cost they charge is usually a lot less than the USPS "stamp" on the parcel eventually says GMT has paid.

GMT publishes a monthly update on its web site (and circulates it by e-mail), which includes a report on the production outlook for games that have "made the cut" on its P500.

I have all the published COIN games, either ordered by P500 or on the annual Black Friday sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Abhoth

I don't see any problems for GMT with its P500 system. Most of their popular games regularly go through periods of unavailabilty after stocks run out on a printing, and before the next P500 comes through, so what is happening with Labyrinth is a normal feature of the way they do business. On Battle for Normandy, the failed P500 showed clearly that they were unlikely to sell enough to justify doing a reprint that would need to be over 1,000 copies. Wargames publishers have been burned too often by responding to high prices for out of print games on the secondary market that reflected only a small shortage of supply.

Advertisement