Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast problems

Options
  • 10-03-2016 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a chromecast & whilst the video & sound quality is ok when casting from my phone, it's bad when I cast video from a chrome page on the pc. Is this normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Discodog wrote: »
    I just got a chromecast & whilst the video & sound quality is ok when casting from my phone, it's bad when I cast video from a chrome page on the pc. Is this normal ?

Cast the video, not the page if its possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The cast screen option from both phone and chome browser is crap. It's more of a screen mirror as opposed to the true casting you'l get using something like Netflix or Youtube from your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

Use the Videostream add-on to cast from Chrome. Works brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Use the Videostream add-on to cast from Chrome. Works brilliantly.

Will that cast from a tab. I am streaming a match so I would normally watch it on the PC. When I cast it onto my TV the picture is poor & the sound cuts out.

If I do the same from my phone, instead of the PC, it's much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

Will that cast from a tab. I am streaming a match so I would normally watch it on the PC. When I cast it onto my TV the picture is poor & the sound cuts out.

If I do the same from my phone, instead of the PC, it's much better.

Ah. I thought you meant a regular video file.

I generally just cast from a Chrome tab (embedded video) but haven't had any issues doing so...

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Chromecast extension...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Cast from a wired device so the info is only traveling over wireless once

Cast from a wired device so the info is only traveling over wireless once

Yes I wondered about that. I have a cable on order. The video isn't too bad. It's the sound that's bad.

Yes I wondered about that. I have a cable on order. The video isn't too bad. It's the sound that's bad.

You can also get an ethernet adapter for a Chromecast

Is anyone using the ethernet adaptor ? I have read that it doesn't work with Windows PC's.

From the Google instructions:

Important: When setting up Chromecast using an Ethernet Adapter, you can only use an Android or iOS device. You aren't currently able to set up your Chromecast using the Chromecast app on Windows (either using Wi-Fi or hardwired).

Is anyone using the ethernet adaptor ? I have read that it doesn't work with Windows PC's.

From the Google instructions:

Important: When setting up Chromecast using an Ethernet Adapter, you can only use an Android or iOS device. You aren't currently able to set up your Chromecast using the Chromecast app on Windows (either using Wi-Fi or hardwired).

That's just the initial setup which must be for from Android or iOS

• Advertisement
Advertisement