Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm constant beep

Options
  • 10-03-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Please help!!! I have a HKC alarm in rented acomm. Asked letting agency for the code anf they gave what they thought was code and it obviously was not. After a couple of attempts its started beeping every 2-3 seconds and this was a month ago!!!!!

The enginner code does not work. I took the cover off the main electrical box itself it is up high beside the fuse board box,

Inside it is a large black battery at the bottom. If i disconnect this will it stop? or is there any way to stop it?

know this is a letting prob and I ripped them a new one today but I really am about to go mad here with this beeping. Even put blue tack over the speaker to tone it down

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Disconnect the battery and remove the mains fuse inside that main control panel.
    The external bell will activate but it should stop after 20 minutes.

Advertisement