Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EU-Argent Dawn][H] ARC Seeking more players

Options
  • 10-03-2016 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Hello there.

Just thought I would have a poke in here to see if anyone is looking for a friendly social raiding guild.

Short version
    Ashen Rose Conspiracy is recruiting for new players who are over the age of 18 to join our guild and be active and social within the group. We are based on the EU Argent Dawn server and fight for the Horde. Ideally we would like for players to have an interest in raiding with us but that is not a strict requirement. We have space for people who just want to join a social guild and maybe poke some heroics/mythic dungeon runs or just to have a place to call home while they level up. Non raiders skip to the bottom of this post as you will have less requirements to join up.
    If you’re currently bored with LFR raids or pugging normal or heroic then we would be a group you should consider seriously. We raid 2 nights a week with personal loot system and we have a stocked raid bank to support our raiders as we progress through the content of this expansion and leave ourselves in a good place to progress through the content of Legion also.

Longer version
    About us
    We are the Ashen Rose Conspiracy, a social guild that has been playing wow since (ask others). In that space of time the guild has grown and matured with a good core of players who have stayed around for years and others who have played, taken breaks and then come back for more. We are a mature guild of 18+ gamers. The social aspect of the game along with raiding and other team events is what makes us different to hardcore raid groups. The group is more of a group of friends who chat and joke with each other’s rather than a group of strangers. New comers will hopefully fit into this and get with the social aspect of the guild.
    Argent Dawn is a RP PVE server and it’s a fun place to live. As a guild we don’t push RP but we do have a few individuals who organize some RP and all members are free to take part or not as is their whim.
    We are casual serious raiders and to date we have 7/13H with plans to push forward. We have circa 15 active raiders and usually run a group from 10-13 of them each week depending on real life and raid requirements. We want to grow our raid team in preparation for Legion.
    Let me explain the casual serious bit.
    We are a casual guild but when we raid we have pretty strict requirements that you
    • Know your spec and class
    • Turn up prepared and repaired
    • Know the fights beforehand
    • Be willing to listen on Mumble for direction from the Raid leaders.

We raid 2 nights a week, on a Thursday and Sunday from 21.00 to 23.30 server time and have done for the last few years. Loot is covered by Personal loot so it’s a fair and open system. There are no ninja looters here. BOE loot that drops on a run is usually offered to the raiders who are on the run that night and if not needed is placed in Guild bank for sorting out later.

What we are not
    A hardcore raid group demanding full attendance and adherence to what we want from you. If that’s what your after then we wish you luck with your search. If your after a relaxed yet serious group with which to have fun then you have found us.

What we offer you
    Stability. The Guild has been here since Argent Dawn went live give or take a day or two and will be here for years to come.
    Strong Raid leaders who know what they are doing but who are not averse to trying new tactics to overcome challenges.
    We have a fully stocked raid bank that will provide flasks and potions for the raids. We also provide 100 stat foods. We can help out with enchants and gems as well.
    Stable Heroic progress with weekly normal archimonde kills to gear up your legendary ring.
    We hope to be able to kill heroic Archi within a few weeks but that is down to progress and sign ups.
    Laughs. No, really. We laugh and joke a lot on Mumble during our raids. Gaming is supposed to be fun after all.

What we are looking for
    Roles
    DPS. We have tanking and healing covered for the moment. If you’re a healer/tank with a DPS spec that you don’t mind playing then we would consider you for a dps slot firstly. This might sound a bit harsh but we don’t want to recruit anyone on the premise that they will be healing or tanking every week when they will likely be asked to dps. That being said, it is nice to have the flexibility of having off healers or tanks in the group.

Comms
    We have our own Mumble server and we would require that you be able to listen on it. Talking is not a requirement but it can be handy.

Attendance
    We raid twice a week. We do not expect a 100% attendance from anyone as we acknowledge that RL comes first and that stuff happens. We have calendar sign up and would use our website to organize raids. If your free and want to raid then sign up, if you’re not then it’s not an issue. We won’t be kicking anyone for not raiding. I

Gear
    As we are progressing through Heroic HFC at the moment a minimum gear level for prospective raiders of 700 is preferred. There is some flexibility around this gear level and we will assess it on a case by case basis. We have all been there waiting for “X item of super duper kickass” to drop to upgrade our current gear. Having your gear enchanted, gemmed and valor upgraded as well is a requirement. While it may not be possible to do all of this, having none of it done for the application will decrease your likelihood of getting in. If you join us we will help out with getting you set up for raiding where possible. For raid nights your gear has to be ready, that is mandatory.

Application process.
    We have a guild website where our application forms are located. http://www.arcorb.com/forums/forumdi...The-Initiation
    We would ask that you fill in the application and log out in your raid gear if you have it and we will go from there. What we would expect on the application is an attempt to put some effort into the application process. If you’re not bothered to fill out the form and put in some work then it gives the impression that you’re just not bothered in general.
    It may also be possible to bring prospective raiders on a raid to assess their performance without them being in the guild. As mentioned above, loot is personal loot so you won’t lose out to others, only to RNG. You can also grab me in game for a chat if you wish. I am not a raid leader or guild officer so we can just chat.

Non raider applicants
    Application process is the same but without a gear check. We like social well-adjusted people who come to game to enjoy themselves without causing issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Update to above post.
    We have space for a tank or two as well.
    No strong preferences on class only that you play it well and have fun while doing it.

Update to the above.

We have space for a tank, doesnt matter what type, we will work around whatever we have.

Dps wise, open to all.

General recruitment, all welcome , its a social fun guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just realized you guys were Horde, made me sad

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just realized you guys were Horde, made me sad

Lol
    I started as an Alliance pally and switched to the Horde after finding out most of my friends were Horde and on a different server.

I wouldn't rule out the Horde unless your RP opposed to being the underdog.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Lol
    I started as an Alliance pally and switched to the Horde after finding out most of my friends were Horde and on a different server.

I wouldn't rule out the Horde unless your RP opposed to being the underdog.

I ran Horde on Lightbringer years ago, but i'm all Alliance on AD. You guys seem fairly sound so i may port one of them over :)

• Advertisement

I ran Horde on Lightbringer years ago, but i'm all Alliance on AD. You guys seem fairly sound so i may port one of them over :)

:)

Or roll a new one, save your 20 quid. It doesn't take long to get to 100 with heirlooms.

If anyone is looking, we still have space , its a friendly mature social guild.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have 9 lvl 100s on horde aggramar PVE, currently looking for a guild, not sure if I can join your guild from aggramar though.

Dcully wrote: »
    I have 9 lvl 100s on horde aggramar PVE, currently looking for a guild, not sure if I can join your guild from aggramar though.

Stick in an application here, http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17610801297#1 (am updating it atm for Legion)

If you get in, roll a new toon on AD, join in the Guild chat and if you like it, move over a toon to join in at max level.

Its a great bunch of folks, a real community, been part of it for 7 ish years now and its always friendly and sound.

Do you guys take new toons or do you need to have a max level Horde character?

• Advertisement

Do you guys take new toons or do you need to have a max level Horde character?

New toons are good, its a friendly mature guild who pretty much all get along. Alot of older players and a mix of new comers. It really is a nice mix of people. Fill in an application and see how you get on.

If either of you are interested, stick in an application, we are going to hold off on recruitment from Monday as we will be busy in game leveling.
    :)
    (not trying to jog anyone's hand)

Thanks Redfox25 but I really cant go through levelling another toon, currently about to finish off my latest to 100 should be by tonight, rolled a troll shaman as I couldn't stand looking at my male panda shaman any longer :P and wasn't gonna throw anymore euros blizzards direction.

Grand job. Hope you made good use of the invasions for free/low effort xp.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Grand job. Hope you made good use of the invasions for free/low effort xp.

Sure did, made toon Friday, played for 2 hours, was away all weekend played some Sunday night and lastnight, lvl 97 atm :P

Advertisement