Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American equivalent to Ordinary Bachelors Degree (Level 7)

Options
  • 09-03-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey everyone.

I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on a query I have regarding my Bachelor of Engineering Technology (FETAC level 7 Ordinary) degree and what might its American counterpart be.

So, I'm using the Fulbright websight, and also looking at the Associates degree Wikipedia page as my points of reference but cant find a definite answer. ( I have also scanned some related old boards threads)

Anyway, I see that American colleges award 2 types of undergraduate degrees ( an associates and the 4 year bachelors). If an American Associates Degree is equal to a Higher Cert (ie FETAC Level 6) and a American 4 year Bachelors Degree, is equal to a (FETAC Level 8) Honours Degree. Is there an American equivalent to an Irish level 7 Ordinary Bachelors Degree?

A follow up question related to this, could you get away with applying to jobs which require a 4 year bachelor degree with an Irish Ordinary Bachelor Degree?

Apologies if the above is difficult to follow, I found it a little difficult to put into words. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Kerrangatang

((((Also: Please correct me if I have the information about the the two american degrees wrong, as I am not 100 hundred percent sure what they equate to in terms of their Irish counterparts))))

Advertisement