Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get mens work trousers for a smaller wasit?

Options
  • 09-03-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Im having trouble finding good quality trousers for wearing around the office.
    Im quite small, waist 28 leg 29 & cant get into a slim fit pair of trousers.

As slim fit don’t fit that means Topman is not an option.
    Next has a few in waist 28 with a short leg but they are all polyester. Any of their nicer trousers are waist 30.

Can anyone advise where they get trousers for work at a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Have you tried M&S?
    Usually excellent selection of sizes there, and all prices ranges for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Have you tried M&S?
    Usually excellent selection of sizes there, and all prices ranges for work.

M&S are the same as Dunnes, mostly the smallest they do is waist 32, bar one or two models of trouser that come in waist 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Do the size 30 fit you well in the thigh and leg? A tailor can very easily take in the waist and seat for you.

Re the polyester - there are worse things in the world than a wool/poly blend pair of trousers. They won't be as nice as 100% wool but they wear like iron, never wrinkle and can fúcked into the washing machine at the end of the week rather than trekking to and from the dry cleaners. If I was still working in an office where I had to wear shirt and trousers everyday I'd definitely be going for poly blend trousers.

Do the size 30 fit you well in the thigh and leg? A tailor can very easily take in the waist and seat for you.

Re the polyester - there are worse things in the world than a wool/poly blend pair of trousers. They won't be as nice as 100% wool but they wear like iron, never wrinkle and can fúcked into the washing machine at the end of the week rather than trekking to and from the dry cleaners. If I was still working in an office where I had to wear shirt and trousers everyday I'd definitely be going for poly blend trousers.

Cool, thanks for the info, thats very useful. Most of the trousers in next are Poly/Viscose blend, which is all synthetic, no wool at all. With synthetics the only thing im concerned about (from experience wiht gym gear) is they start to smell quite quickly where as wool doesnt.

The 30 are good in the thigh, need turning up by an inch though.

I was being hopeful that I could avoid the cost of getting them tailored but i think il just have to take the hit!

Thanks for the info!

Update: TM Lewin were able to help me out. Their trouser fit is slightly odd but fits me well.

Waist 30 is almost perfect, just need a belt so not having it taken in. The legs are wider overall than other brands so their slim was quite baggy on me, and their slim is perfect, not painted on, just nicely fitted.

Jacket, 2x pairs of trousers turned up to required length with a 15% discount came to about 290 which i was happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

You could've also tried Suit Supply, sizes start at 26:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_IE/trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Genuinely not being smart, but have you looked at ranges for kids/teens?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Have you tried a belt?

Advertisement