Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardgame deals

Options
  • 09-03-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Maybe we could help each other out by posting any good deals/bargains we spot.

Amazon have a great deal for Star Wars Imperial Assault

• 61cVgr5hOsL._SY355_.jpg

Star Wars Imperial Assault Board Game Base Set

RRP: £79.99 Price: £55.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details You Save: £24.99 (31%)

In stock.

Want it delivered to Ireland by Friday, 11 Mar.? Order within 2 hrs 58 mins and choose Priority Delivery at checkout. Details

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

This is a better deal than I thought.Mate told me that is over €30 more expensive in gamersworld @ €113.
    Thats some difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Financially I don't need this thread in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

This is a better deal than I thought.Mate told me that is over €30 more expensive in gamersworld @ €113.
    Thats some difference.

But can I sit in Amazon and play it with some mates!

So Pros and cons.

Not sure you should be naming just one store without doing a price comparison to all stores in this little island of ours.

MarkHall wrote: »

Not sure you should be naming just one store without doing a price comparison to all stores in this little island of ours.

Sry mark,Its the only one in dublin that myself and friends know and buy from.If you know others ,please mention.
    I was only highlighting saving for gamers,not knocking the shop.We all know shops have different overheads.Having said that if I can save €30 on a game.I will.

9781616617776.jpg
    Forbidden Stars Board Game

Free delivery worldwide
    Available

http://www.bookdepository.com/Forbidden-Stars-Board-Game/9781616617776

I would love to pick up a copy of this some time.I know I'm pushing my luck but does anyone know anywhere that sells it for less than €80 (including post)

• Advertisement

Sry mark,Its the only one in dublin that myself and friends know and buy from.If you know others ,please mention.
    I was only highlighting saving for gamers,not knocking the shop.We all know shops have different overheads.Having said that if I can save €30 on a game.I will.

And that's fair enough.
    It's just mentioning the shop seems like a swipe. Considering we have at least 4 stores in the Dublin area selling boardgames.

It's happened in the transformers threads where a poster just had it in for one of the local suppliers. And no matter what was posted he came in with an "Cheaper" Internet option.
    Which is great if you want to get a solid deal.
    But I'm always one to support a Brick and mortar store. As I recall the time before them where we weren't able to gather to play. And purchases was mainly done at Cons.
    But that's just my take. No problem with folks posting deals.
    But do it without the comparison or compare to all stores as a fair option.
    But that's merely my take.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What are the other stores selling board games?

I mean, I know Sub City has a small section and occasionally you'll see a few Euros in places like Hamleys. But where else stocks stuff?

Toymaster has a solid collection,
    The warchest
    Hidden treasures
    And that's just Dublin city at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Oh yes. I had actually been in Hidden Treasures over Christmas. Didn't know that's what it was called.

Toymaster has a solid collection,
    The warchest
    Hidden treasures
    And that's just Dublin city at a glance.

I will check out toy masters again as I did'nt realise they had any worth talking about.iBut thanks for the other two.I never heard of them previously and look forward to checking out their boardgames?

• Advertisement

And that's fair enough.
    It's just mentioning the shop seems like a swipe. Considering we have at least 4 stores in the Dublin area

As I said certainly not a swipe ,as I have bought over 20+ games from gamers world over the years including when it was in Dorset street.I will certainly check out the other stores you mention.

pic2390081_t.jpg

I got my copy on amazon for €75 a while back,but €81.41 (inc shipping)on book depository is still a good price.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Fire-Axe/9781631403491

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Had been looking at getting the Firefly board game for a while, found a good deal on ebay, works out as around €30 delivered using parcel motel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Board-Games-GF9-Gale-Force-Nine-BNB-Firefly-TV-Series-Game-OVER-50-OFF-RRP-/311599598727?hash=item488cc88c87

Advertisement