Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boden Park, Ballyboden. Anyone got local information on it?

Options
  • 09-03-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going viewing a house later this week in Boden Park but I'd like to get local's opinion on the area and what it's like to live there?

I've got a car but I also see there's 2 bus routes that go directly into town.

I did a search already but couldn't find much info on the area so I'd just like some info on local amnetities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm going viewing a house later this week in Boden Park but I'd like to get local's opinion on the area and what it's like to live there?

I've got a car but I also see there's 2 bus routes that go directly into town.

I did a search already but couldn't find much info on the area so I'd just like some info on local amnetities.

Used to live in Ballyboden.... extremely boring area and the 15b takes ages to get into town.

If you're buying to settle down and do the family thing then maybe its a good choice as its a quiet area etc, but not great for the social life.

Our favorite thing about living there was probably walking to Marley Park at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nice area, settled, good schools, close to parks and mountains and stuff. 15 is a short walk away, 15b right outside the door but takes a bit of a roundabout route into the city.

There are a few small shops in Ballyroan and Whitechurch within walking distance as well as SuperValu Knocklyon. Very little in the way of pubs or restaurants in walking distance, but plenty of decent ones a 2 minute drive away.

Though "walking distance" I guess depends on your point of view. If you're happy to walk 25 minutes to a pub or restaurant, then there are plenty of options.

Viewed quite a few houses in Boden Park when I was looking and in general they seemed be in need of a bit of work. People who bought originally and then only kept up as much maintenance as was really needed rather than making any extensive upgrades or repairs. Built in the late 70s/early 80s I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I viewed a house there a few weeks ago and its a nice area, I thought the size of the houses were better than in other areas e.g Broadford. In terms of amenities what are you looking for? library, swimming pool, parks, playgrounds, restaurants??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

It was the lack of Pubs and Resturants that really got to me. Wouldnt have been a fan of the Orchard or the Eden and even still they're a reasonable distance away from where we were.

I found we mostly ended up going into town. Dundrum/Terrenure provided some local options I suppose but we really did feel away from the action.

We spent a lot of time in cars and buses.

Anyhow we were only renting so it was grand that we could move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Thanks for all your input everyone, I appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Caliden wrote: »
    Thanks for all your input everyone, I appreciate it.

Hello caliden, just wondered how you got on, did you end up buying there? Thinking of viewing a house there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 salman81

Hi Caliden,

did you end up living in Boden area in Rathfarnham ?

how did you find it ?

we are being offered a property to buy in that area. We are a family with school going children.

just wanted some before making a final decision on buying the property.

thanks

Salman

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭kevgaa

Hi Salman81,

I have lived in the area for 20+ years and we are very happy. The area is quiet and safe with good schools and amenities on your doorstep.

As pointed out most amenities are less than a 5 minute drive away, local shops like costscutter, supervalu etc are a 5-10 minute walk away. Saying that I believe you have a new coffee shop and Tesco opening a bit closer to you now in the new estate on Cosgraves land.

Buglers got a bit of revamp during Covid so now its not a bad place to go to for a coffee, food or drink and its easily within walking distance of boden wood. Then ballyroan library and shops etc are also close by if you walk via Santa Maria college.

Hope all goes well for you.

Advertisement