Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catalytic converter a mess

Options
  • 09-03-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can give me some advice. My 07 Skoda Octavia 1.4 petrol was giving me trouble, engine maintenance light was on, it was idling rough and misfiring and running slow so to took I in to be repaired and had new coil packs put in but now it seems the catalytic converter (there's two of them) are a mess, one broke up and ran down into the other and lodged there. I have been told its going to cost around 1500 for the part alone but that for the time being he's going to just break out what's in the catalytic converter and I can drive it until I can afford the repair.

So my questions are

Can I get the part cheaper, I looked up parts on mister-auto.ie and found some for under 200 but they're all different so haven't a clue.?

Can I use the part off a 2000 seat Toledo that a friend has ?

How noisy is my car going to be (42 year old woman wannabe boy racer 😨)

Have I any other options?

Thanks in advance

Ps this was 100% my own fault for ignoring the little engine light hoping it would go away and leave me alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

You can definately have this repaired for less than 1500 quid. Call around 4 or 5 exhaust places and compare quotes.

Advertisement