Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAX Sale

Options
  • 09-03-2016 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up on VAX sale - code MSE16 upto 80% off

http://www.vaxsale.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Just a heads up on VAX sale - code MSE16 upto 80% off

http://www.vaxsale.co.uk

Its delivery to UK mainland addresses only, so using parcel motel or similar may prove costly as i guess most items will be bulky and oversized.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

PM isn't mainland UK either so will not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

RossieMan wrote: »
    PM isn't mainland UK either so will not work.

AddressPal from Anpost gives a mainland UK address, not used it myself so unsure of the pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cheers OP. . .only kind of needed a new one but the price helped make the decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Thanks OP.
    Just put an order through using PM. Typed in the post code and it populated so gave it a go. If it doesn't work no harm. Had to have UK billing address but just used delivery address and wasn't a problem as paid by PayPal.
    I'd pay the €7.50 oversized item charge for PM but An Post's €25 is a bit extortionate to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can really recommend vax, customer service excellent, broke latch on my hoover (about 9 months old) no issue at all send out a whole new cylinder and I had it within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I got one of their hoovers and power washer a year or so ago on a similar sale - Parcel Motel worked for me that time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

I would not buy another Vax, I have one only two years old and already parts are obsolete! I was initially told by Vax that the parts would be in stock again in 28 Days, so after telling them I would order them then, I was told they cannot send parts to Southern Ireland!
    Cannot send parts to another EU Country? What kind of after sales service would you call that? My response was you can send your Vacuum Cleaners here, why not the parts?
    My advice is look at other brands and pay a little more, Vax seem to have a "throw away" policy when you need parts!
    I looked on spares.ie which carry parts for most makes, and the items I require are clearly marked "obsolete".
    If Vax cant supply parts for a machine just two years old, makes you wonder just how long they expect their products to last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

I would not buy another Vax, I have one only two years old and already parts are obsolete! I was initially told by Vax that the parts would be in stock again in 28 Days, so after telling them I would order them then, I was told they cannot send parts to Southern Ireland!
    Cannot send parts to another EU Country? What kind of after sales service would you call that? My response was you can send your Vacuum Cleaners here, why not the parts?
    My advice is look at other brands and pay a little more, Vax seem to have a "throw away" policy when you need parts!
    I looked on spares.ie which carry parts for most makes, and the items I require are clearly marked "obsolete".
    If Vax cant supply parts for a machine just two years old, makes you wonder just how long they expect their products to last!

Had the same problem with a part last month. It was in stock but they wouldn't send to ROI and couldn't point me in the direction of a stockist here. I used AddressPal in the end and got the part but it does seem crazy that they won't post to ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

Had the same problem with a part last month. It was in stock but they wouldn't send to ROI and couldn't point me in the direction of a stockist here. I used AddressPal in the end and got the part but it does seem crazy that they won't post to ROI

Crazy alright! Horrendous after sales service. I am currently researching other Vacuums and checking to see if parts are easy to get before I commit! Thanks for your info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement