Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 volkwagen transporter

Options
  • 08-03-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I plugged one of our trailers into my vw transporter today and the every since the bulb warning light has been one. My left rear brake light and front parking light have been off, changed bulbs in both and nothing , checked fuse and it's ok, we have a another early 2015 van and asked the guy to check his fuse and what it was doing , the same fuse supplies both front parking lights and brake lights , so there's something wrong between the fuse and the lights any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Proabably the way the trailer plug or socket is wired. Is there a towing relay fitted? Modern lighting circuits are fussy as hell with the canbus system, sensors, warnings etc. It may be that the trailer wiring is shorting the circuit and the bulbs drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Proabably the way the trailer plug or socket is wired. Is there a towing relay fitted? Modern lighting circuits are fussy as hell with the canbus system, sensors, warnings etc. It may be that the trailer wiring is shorting the circuit and the bulbs drop out.

Cheers Bob , just left it in with the dealer, mentioned something about a safety system cutting out and a wiring issue. All good now , thanks

Advertisement