Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ES File Eplorer Pro for Android for 10p

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

You may want to read about the possible data leaks associated with ES File Explorer beforehand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Kavrocks wrote: »
    You may want to read about the possible data leaks associated with ES File Explorer beforehand...

While we can’t confirm either way, Baidu denies any such allegation according to a statement made to Citizen Lab.

Asmooh wrote: »
    While we can’t confirm either way, Baidu denies any such allegation according to a statement made to Citizen Lab.
    Taking quotes out of context and without the whole article doesn't really paint the full picture. If you want to believe a Chinese company when they say they haven't passed your information onto the Chinese government then that's all well and good. I only linked the article for people to inform themselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Kavrocks wrote: »

Interesting. As I have been using ES for a long time now, I'm annoyed to read this. Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way of telling what other apps were created using the Baidu SDK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Interesting. As I have been using ES for a long time now, I'm annoyed to read this. Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way of telling what other apps were created using the Baidu SDK?

I have been using it myself for years but lately it has got very bloated. Very annoying. Anyone recommend a good replacement that lets me browse network shares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

My dtek software doesn't say anything about that it has accessed anything so far!
    379778.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

nedd wrote: »
    I have been using it myself for years but lately it has got very bloated. Very annoying. Anyone recommend a good replacement that lets me browse network shares?

X-plore is good and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just installed Solid Explorer today after (re)reading all the controversy re ES. It gives you all the pro features for free for a couple of weeks so I'm not clear what you don't get after that. But it does do network shares which was one of my main reasons for using ES. It also has root explorer which can be handy. Note that creating a network share is non obvious - you do it via the + FAB then Add Cloud Connection. From there you'll see LAN. It also does Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive integration so all in all pretty comprehensive - and hopefully no phoning home to China! Barring any disasters I'll prolly pay the 1.99e to stay on Pro after the 2 weeks is up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en

Note there is also Solid Explorer Classic but that is a previous version.

Edit - I think the app is actually a fully trial version, not pro/free version thing, so it looks like it wouldn't work at all after the trial 2 weeks. As I say I think I'll pay for it, has to be some encouragement for indie devs to make these things and not sell their souls to the advertising/data collecting demons...

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Some apps will say in their description or buried somewhere in their app settings or help menu. Apart from the developer saying it I'm not aware of any.
    I use FX File Explorer, I don't know if that has what you are looking for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I've been using Amaze since es file explorer went ****. It supports network shares https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amaze.filemanager

• Advertisement
Advertisement