Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden maintenance for a newbie :)

Options
  • 08-03-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a huge garden and I am in the process of starting some work on it. it 70 x 15 foot long. I will have 16 sq foot of decking at the house end, few rows of patio and then grass.

The problem is the end part of the garden.........its covered in weeds and looks awful. I was wondering if I spray it with Roundup, put mesh down and then cover with decorative pebbles, would this stop the weeds coming through??

This is my first garden so any tips appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kellyshell wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a huge garden and I am in the process of starting some work on it. it 70 x 15 foot long. I will have 16 sq foot of decking at the house end, few rows of patio and then grass.

The problem is the end part of the garden.........its covered in weeds and looks awful. I was wondering if I spray it with Roundup, put mesh down and then cover with decorative pebbles, would this stop the weeds coming through??

This is my first garden so any tips appreciated

yep that would work, I would recommend a garden weed fabric. You can then cut holes in it and plant what you like.
    Most garden centres and builders yard have it, woodies for example.
    I used this without weedkiller as it kills the light and then just put stones on top of it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/weed-control-fabric-Garden-Outdoors/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A11052671%2Ck%3Aweed%20control%20fabric

Advertisement