Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watermarked photos

Options
  • 08-03-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I am booked to do a party in May,
    They are only paying a basic rate for the images on a disc,
    Question, should I watermark the images so if they wanted prints they have to order them from me ? or just give the the High Res shots and let them get prints ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It all depends on what you have negotiated.

Nobody can answer that but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I've a question... What good are photos on a disc if you have watermarked them? Is the situation here that someone has hired you to photograph a party but all they get are watermarked photos they can never use? Or is it that guests at the party are able to purchase photos from you (you only release the watermarked ones so they can select the photos to buy)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Its down to what you agreed, but if you do plan to give them a disc of watermarked photos, make absolutely sure you spell it out for them that they are only getting photos that are ruined with a watermark. this way you avoid a dissatisfied customer and bad publicity, assuming they are still ok with the deal.

FYI- I've hired photographers before for a basic package, just a disc of images and I've ALWAYS that the images i get are high resolution, non watermark spoiled images. I'm paying for the images and the right to print them at home or wherever i want.

I'm glad i read this post though as now i know to check this with the photographer in future instead of leaving it to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Thanks for the replys
    Ill leave the unwatermarked
    I don't want bad reviews

Advertisement