Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know how I can make a DIY lighting kit?

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm starting to do some filming and want to make a budget lighting kit.

Does anyone know of any cheap lights I could buy that would do the job.

I've seen numerous videos online that suggest "clamp lights but I can't find them anywhere in Ireland. Only American sites/stores that charge loads for delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Meath3ad wrote: »
    I'm starting to do some filming and want to make a budget lighting kit.

Does anyone know of any cheap lights I could buy that would do the job.

I've seen numerous videos online that suggest "clamp lights but I can't find them anywhere in Ireland. Only American sites/stores that charge loads for delivery.

Lidl and Aldi often have small LED lights. Several of these can be rigged into a cheap, portable rig.
    A paper lantern (China ball) with a standard light fixture from an old desk lamp would be useful for soft lighting.

Don't underestimate practical lighting. http://nofilmschool.com/2015/07/practical-light-primer-how-practical-lighting-bring-cinematography-to-life

Advertisement