Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Land rover

Options
  • 07-03-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭

has anyone had any experience with them, I am half thinking about one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque, Freelander, Series?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Budget?
    Use?
    Miles driven a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

flutered wrote: »
    has anyone had any experience with them, I am half thinking about one

A make is a guide to nothing, other than the little plastic badge on the front.

What's your budget, what is it going to be mainly used for, roughly how many miles a year do you do, what year were you thinking of, and what model(s) were you thinking of ?

Then someone might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

sorry folks, i need comfort first, i am riddled with austio arthritis, atm when i get home after a 10 mile run i am in bad shape, its hight suits as i cannot get out of a low slung car, the leg out and on the ground, then the second one out and to me in an almost standing position, realibity is essencial as i cannot do any repairs my self, not even a wheel change,running costs need to have a bearing on it, its just that i saw one on sunday while in a car park and thought this breed might suffice, a busy week will see me putting 430k on the clock, 2.5k-3.5k is the budget, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok so your osteoarthritis means that you need a car easy to get in and out of.

The Arthritis Foundation have written about it here
    http://blog.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/arthritis-friendly-car-shopping/

Other things you should consider
    Heated seats - it's nice for the hips etc
    Reverse camera - so you don't have to turn around to reverse

If you google "best car for bad back" you will find some good pointers
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056606447

As well as SUV, consider MPV. They usually have a good seating position and are easy to move in and out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

tkns biko, i do have a small mpv, opel meriva, its as rough as a badgers arse, it shakes my body too much, especiall as my neck is affected and the pain travels up into the head

Advertisement