Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebellion on DVD?

Options
  • 07-03-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I wonder is there any way of finding out will Rebellion, the drama on the Easter Rising that aired recently, be available on DVD soon or will it be repeated? I didn't get to see it, only bits of one episode and would like to watch it all in full.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd say if you contact Element Pictures, Touchpaper Television or even the drama department in RTE they might be able to tell you.

I'd imagine it will get a DVD release though. Most of the big RTE dramas do get released.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I can't find any mention of a DVD release. Perhaps they're waiting until it's shown in the US next month though?

Bad enough the TV license funded it without giving them more money :pac:

1st episode was good but it was all downhill from there.

But yeah if it's not still on the player then a dvd release is likely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Bad enough the TV license funded it without giving them more money :pac:

1st episode was good but it was all downhill from there.

But yeah if it's not still on the player then a dvd release is likely

Well the Irish media critics and keyboard warriors on Twitter hated it but it's TV ratings were actually fine.

Interesting to compare it to something like Deutschland '83 which was adored and praised to high heaven by the critics and yet was a huge ratings flop in Germany. The critics (and social media brigade) aren't always in synch with the actual viewing audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The first episode has been taken down off the player. Was hoping to watch it but didn't have the time so hoping they do bring it out on DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

“It has a long shelf-life. We can show repeats, and there will be DVD box sets in the run in to Christmas.
    “There are a lot of options. It can be sold to overseas territories, and there’s the possibility of it being syndicated on Netflix.”

RTE’S upcoming 1916 drama Rebellion set to cost taxpayer almost €4 million

Advertisement