Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Make and model of 'Bimbos Burgers' van from The Van

Options
  • 07-03-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys.

Bit of an odd one, I am working on a television commercial and we are hoping to mock up a van to look similar to the one in 'The Van'. My knowledge of 1990's vans leaves a lot to be desired so if anybody knows of similar model vans, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

It's a Mk2 Transit.

Edit, the base is a Mk2 Transit, but i think it was modified to have a much taller roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ZxShellShockxZ

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes looks like Mk2 Transit and then butchered up cab to make much more space, here she is in her glory...

https://youtu.be/1DYgWYYHZQ8?t=1416

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

THat's pretty standard configuration for a Mk1/2 Transit parcel van.

16le6j6.jpg

Body would vary according to bodybuilder but screen is standard

Random pic from Google, there are more examples on there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not a standard Mk2 Transit screen, but perhaps you mean that that particular screen was common fitment amongst coachbuilding companies?

• Advertisement

I didn't mean it is THE standard screen, as far as I remember it was the standard screen for parcel vans.

As far as I can tell, this body in particular was a Ford offered option and thus the windscreen would be a standard item. Awaiting conformation .

Gratuitous picture...
    ifwdxw.jpg

The green van is confirmed as Ford. Bimbo's van looked almost the same to me

OP...... I can put you in touch with someone who owns one and hires to TV and film companies... (they own the green one on fact)

Advertisement