Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know of the seller ECOCARS?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I think they bring in cars from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

NIMAN wrote: »
    They seem to be competitive when it comes to LEafs. They are listed as a PRIVATE seller, but I see cars regularly from them.

Do you really want to buy from a trader that advertises as a private seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭invara

I bought a car from him last summer. Found him honest, straight and fair; the car was reasonable value. With leaf's technology they are hard to clock (I suspect), and the cars tend to be fresh. The car I bought came in from the UK, was as described, and he delivered it across the country to me (nervous of long drive as my first outing). There is the anomaly of him selling privately but in what appears to be a business- best to think of it as a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,099 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe he's just trying to avoid website fees?
    Anyone know what CarsIreland.ie charegs for private sellers v trade sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I had dealings with him last year before I bought, nearly got one from him but ended up getting one from a dealer in Leeds.

He was very helpful, kept me updated on what he had in stock and coming up, and even took a scan through the deal I was getting from the place in Leeds and gave his opinion on whether it was good value or not, even though this meant he did not get the business himself.

So I wouldn't have any issue dealing with him at all, and in 3 years time when I'm in the market for a second hand 60kwh Leaf I'll be in touch with him again.

• Advertisement

There was seemingly a clocked Leaf on donedeal last year (where else) so it can be clocked like any car, can't remember how it was discovered ? MOT perhaps ? I don't know how often you have to send a car through the MOT in the U.K ?

If you are on car wings and have set the leaf to upload information then it will upload the mileage, charging information and battery information.

However it should be easier for 2nd hand buyers to have this information and I don't know if this information is even accessible by Nissan dealers ?

I can show this information to someone if I was going to sell the leaf they will see the VIN matched that in carwings only thing is the first 2-2500 kms are missing because it took me a few weeks to get carwings working.

Hopefully all cars of the future will upload data like the Leaf, then clocking should be a thing of the past (unless you are a great hacker).

The Leaf uploading the data should be mandatory but it isn't, the owner can opt out any time so I'm not sure what this would do to the data. Though if someone is doing say 20K a year and after 4 years the car has 40,000 then I'd say something was wrong.

The data also needs to be accessible to the public and dealers.

Though if the car has a valid service history it should be easier to record the kms, but because the Leaf only requires an inspection every 30,000 kms or once a year that doesn't mean 20,000 kms can't be wiped off the clock per year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 ecocar

Firstly, many thank to NIMAN, invara & DrPhilG for all the positive comments and custom, it is greatly appreciated as many of my sales are from word of mouth from previous customers.
    The reason i am listed as a private seller in some websites as is to keep overheads down so I can offer better value to my customers by offering better discounts, free home chargers ect. The difference between advertising cost for a private vs trade is 55 euro per vehicle on some sites.
    Mad_lad can I just ask the reason why you have gone off on a totally unrelated topic about a clocked leaf and posted it in a thread about ecocars?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He's Mad!

Good to have you on board thou, would be good to have a seller around for info and questions.

Welcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

He only pointed out that its possible to clock a Leaf, it may be harder than the average ICE but its still possible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

But a little unfair to take a thread about a specific EV dealer and bring up the topic of clocking.

It's not a relevant topic to that particular dealer so there's no reason to discuss it here.

ecocar wrote: »
    Mad_lad can I just ask the reason why you have gone off on a totally unrelated topic about a clocked leaf and posted it in a thread about ecocars?

Perhaps I should have explained better that if someone is buying a 2nd hand car to do a proper check that they might be unaware a Leaf can be clocked like any other car. I wasn't in any way suggesting that Eco cars may be selling clocked cars but the person could choose to buy off the likes of donedeal and need to be very cautious and I felt the need to bring up the fact a Leaf has been identified last year as been clocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭invara

Just to update this tread- I bought a second leaf from ecocars a few days ago- similar experience I found Sean fair to deal with.

I had been looking on cargiant for a month or so and had prepared myself for UK road trip using boards.ie's collective wisdom; but he had one where the price advantage evaporated and it seemed less hassle. So we now have a 2011 and 142 leaf- an all electric household.; although we are holding on to an ICE for the odd longer distance run.

Thanks for the update.

To be fair to them, their prices do seem competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Just bought a (to be 152) Leaf SVE from Sean. Very happy so far, very nice guy to deal with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement