Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds / Moss on Cobble locking

Options
  • 07-03-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Ok so i had (and paid €350) for my cobble locking front & back to be cleaned, re-sanded and sealed in 2014, then around 3 months later loads of weeds started to regrow call your man back up and he agreed to come back out in April 2015 and redo for free as he said the sealant didnt work etc -fair enough.

Now 11 months on the same problem... weeds / moss :( they guy who came back out and did it said he had been unwell of late so I'm not going to contact him for a 3rd time etc...

so it was only re-cleaned , sanded and resealed in April 2015

had a guy around last week as the block are really clean just some weeds and moss - asked him for a price to spray down really strong de-weeder etc... he said no the best thing to do it re-cleaned, sanded and then sprayed (no sealant etc) - thats ANOTHER fee of €275

can you please advise?

Personally i thought it being clean already we could just spray the hell out of it, sweep off all dead moss a week later and all would be fine?

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭secman

cocker5 wrote: »
    Ok so i had (and paid €350) for my cobble locking front & back to be cleaned, re-sanded and sealed in 2014, then around 3 months later loads of weeds started to regrow call your man back up and he agreed to come back out in April 2015 and redo for free as he said the sealant didnt work etc -fair enough.

Now 11 months on the same problem... weeds / moss :( they guy who came back out and did it said he had been unwell of late so I'm not going to contact him for a 3rd time etc...

so it was only re-cleaned , sanded and resealed in April 2015

had a guy around last week as the block are really clean just some weeds and moss - asked him for a price to spray down really strong de-weeder etc... he said no the best thing to do it re-cleaned, sanded and then sprayed (no sealant etc) - thats ANOTHER fee of €275

can you please advise?

Personally i thought it being clean already we could just spray the hell out of it, sweep off all dead moss a week later and all would be fine?

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Get yourself a backpack sprayer, a decent one will cost about 50 euro... a 5 litre bottle of Mossgo. . About 30 euro.... a 5 litre bottle of Round up ...about 50 euro. . You will get about 3 to four years out of these products and spraying the cobble lock probably twice a year will do the trick. I have cobble lock at front and back. I also have a very large gravelled area. Moss and weeds will always re occur. .. best and cheapest to treat it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Be careful which weedkiller you use on cobblelock - some can make a permanent stain. Make sure it is specified for driveways, such as Pathclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

thank you both for your replies its much appreciated!

will try this out!

Advertisement