Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trichomonosis

Options
  • 07-03-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭

Had a couple of sick Chaffinches back in the Autumn and stopped feeding, sterilized all the feeders and baths. That knocked it on the head. And then yesterday a sick looking Collard Dove turned up. I could see it having difficulty swallowing feed and then it started sneezing - I could see liquid spraying out of its beak all over the food on the ground. Out with the Jeyes Fluid again, cleaned up as much feed as I could, all the usual precautions. I'm happy that I have been keeping things hygienic in my garden, following all the guidelines from Birdwatch, RSPB etc. Assuming this bird was infected somewhere else (withering looks at the pigeon fancier a few doors down and all the spilt feed in his garden..)

I'm really p****d off to have this again:mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eric Marley

sorry for that. you don't have to be p****d off though it's normal. it does happen so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Something similar hitting wood pigeons atm in many places

Advertisement