Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ticket is best?

Options
  • 07-03-2016 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some advice as to which ticket is best for me to use money wise.

I'm a student with a student leap card, use Dublin bus 6 days a week (Mon-Sat) anywhere between 2 and 6 buses per day. For the past few months I've been getting a 30 day rambler (€111.50), which suits me fine, but should I be topping up by €20 per week instead and using the capping system instead? From rough calculations this would save approx €120 per year, am I missing anything here or is this the better option?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

If you only use the bus 6 days, then your rambler ticket will last 5 weeks but if you are using the top up /cap option then 5 weeks will only cost €100 and you will also be able to travel for free on Sundays. No brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

rx8 wrote: »
    If you only use the bus 6 days, then your rambler ticket will last 5 weeks but if you are using the top up /cap option then 5 weeks will only cost €100 and you will also be able to travel for free on Sundays. No brainer really.

Thanks rx8, don't know how I didn't cop this before! Thanks a mill!

Advertisement