Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this girl interested or not? All serious advice welcome!

Options
  • 07-03-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

While at a local nightclub, last week, having just arrived and ordered my first drink, standing at the bar. A girl sitting in the nearby seating area with her (I now know friends), signalled me to join them.. (So I did), I had a general conversation with the girls, about college etc... One of the girls asked, within 5 minutes if I was on facebook, giving me her phone to find my profile, (which I did), as the conversation was going well... she sent a "friend request" immediately. The conversation continued for a few moments before the girls left to go dancing... I can't dance as I have a physical disability and use a walking aid.. Maybe the invitation to join them was in sympathy due to me being alone at the bar and my disability? However to add so quickly on facebook (one of the three girls), suggests possible interest? In the last week the particular girl has only "added" one other person on facebook, so it doesn't appear the "friend request" was purely to increase facebook friend numbers as some may suggest.. Therefore I'm thinking she may be somewhat interested at least? After the girls had left to go dancing, I did not see them for the remainder of the night, a few days later I decided to send a message via facebook, to the girl whom had sent a "friend request" so quickly... as the conversation had gone well.. she replied immediately (within seconds), maybe she had the phone in hand/is fast at texting, I don't know... I had suggested in the message, (alongside it was good talking to her etc..), that maybe it would be an idea to meet for lunch, (if she wanted to), as it was difficult to have a conversation in the nightclub with the loud music, to which she replied sure, I don't see why not, that she was on a trip away at the moment but would be back in about a week, ending the message with I'll talk to you soon... A week has now passed, she has not sent a message, as yet, is she interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

She didn't say she would text you when she is back? So she might be assuming you would message after the week passed. I would send an invitation to meet for a coffee as planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

OP she's done a lot of the chasing here. Balls in your court now. Text her if you want to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

FFS get in contact yourself. She did a bunch of the work but it is up to you to do your bit. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

She's on a trip away OP, so no doubt she has been occupied with that and perhaps not spending as much time thinking about a lunch with a guy she met in a bar as you are. She's already approached you, already added you on Facebook, already agreed to lunch - it's your turn to do some chasing!

Just text her again and ask how her trip went, that will open up a conversation and you can lead it towards going for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would ask her out one more time but if she starts making excuses I would just leave it after that

• Advertisement
Advertisement