Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human Error Modelling

Options
  • 06-03-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm currently writing a thesis on "VULNERABILITY OF IRISH POWER DISTRIBUTION INFRASTRUCTURE TO EXTREME EVENTS AND CLIMATE CHANGE". As part of this I will be taking a current model and adding to it. I will be adding to the model to allow it to consider human error in inspection, I have been searching the internet high and low for a model which will help me do this with little luck. If anybody had any suggestions of journals or articles that they think may be of use it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

SeanMcGill wrote: »
    I'm currently writing a thesis on "VULNERABILITY OF IRISH POWER DISTRIBUTION INFRASTRUCTURE TO EXTREME EVENTS AND CLIMATE CHANGE". As part of this I will be taking a current model and adding to it. I will be adding to the model to allow it to consider human error in inspection, I have been searching the internet high and low for a model which will help me do this with little luck. If anybody had any suggestions of journals or articles that they think may be of use it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Not exactly what you're looking for, but have a look at safety critical / high reliability industries that require inspection and are regulated, not just power distribution e.g. nuclear, air, rail, gas, oil etc. Human factors assessment plays a critical role in all of these industries. In terms of human error in inspection, its difficult to quantify and is often dealt with through competency management, training, assessments, peer review etc.

Advertisement