Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£3.99 Car Three Port USB Car Charger / Power Supply - High Output 5.1A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Cheers OP!

We have a few crappy cheap ones that take an absolute age to charge stuff. So hopefully this one will be noticeably better.

What are 7dayshop like for delivery times? Should I expect it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Cheers OP!

We have a few crappy cheap ones that take an absolute age to charge stuff. So hopefully this one will be noticeably better.

I've always found them good to deal with, never any issues personally. They usually dispatch quick enough, but I suppose if this is a popular item then the sooner you order the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Mine shipped already this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers OP.

Mine shipped this morning too. Impressed so far, hopefully delivery time is decent too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

biebiebie wrote: »

Just by way of information, this is 3 ports 5v.. the ports are 2.1/2/1 Amps..

The Amps if I am correct dictate the speed of charging as all powered USB should be 5v..

so the description of 5.1A is misleading as this is across 3 ports...

and for the record I love 7dayshop, I have units full of crap that so cool I will never EVER EVER use it... haha

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Just by way of information, this is 3 ports 5v.. the ports are 2.1/2/1 Amps..

The Amps if I am correct dictate the speed of charging as all powered USB should be 5v..

so the description of 5.1A is misleading as this is across 3 ports...

and for the record I love 7dayshop, I have units full of crap that so cool I will never EVER EVER use it... haha

damn :(

both 2 amp and 2.1 amp port should be fast enough to be honest, I don't even think there are faster ports.. but I could be wrong, so no worries if you bought it...

As sunny says, worry not. If you bought this, you probably had a cheapo 1A that took a lifetime to charge a smartphone. This should be far better.

dodzy wrote: »
    As sunny says, worry not. If you bought this, you probably had a cheapo 1A that took a lifetime to charge a smartphone. This should be far better.

Yep pretty sure the one we have is 1.0A. So this should be a good upgrade then :) Thanks man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,288 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just arrived today in Dublin, was shipped on Monday.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Got mine this morning. As previous poster stated, 2 x 1ah and 1 x 2.1ah. Will rip apart later and hard wire into car's fuseboard. We will see.......

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Just arrived today in Dublin, was shipped on Monday.

Mine arrived yesterday, will try it out later today, impressed with 7dayshop. thanks again OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Got mine this morning. 1 x 2.1ah, 1 x 2.0ah.1, 1 x 1.0ah.

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Got mine this morning. 1 x 2.1ah, 1 x 2.0ah.1, 1 x 1.0ah.
    Sorry for typo earlier, I need to go to specsavers !

Hard wired and working great. I forgot how quick 2.1 port charges the iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,288 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fast charging - yes.

But it interferes with my old car radio :(

Handy for emergencies.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Fast charging - yes.

But it interferes with my old car radio :(

Handy for emergencies.

http://ask.metafilter.com/168559/How-to-get-rid-of-Interference-on-Car-USB-Adapter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An alternative is
    Eurogeneral have a Dual USB in car charger 2.1A for €3 the second port is 1A
    they are white with a coloured metal band.

Charging current depends most on your device, it it can't take enough then a higher power charger won't charge faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

dodzy wrote: »
    Hard wired and working great. I forgot how quick 2.1 port charges the iPhone!

Any tips on doing this?

• Advertisement

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Any tips on doing this?

Get a length of speaker cable (no need for heavy duty stuff - any light cable will do )
    Strip back the insulation about 4 inches on one end and 1 inch on the other.
    Wrap the longer exposed cable around the earth points on the side of the charger tightly and secure with insulating tape.
    Do the same with the other cable, twisting it tightly around the tip of the charger and again securing with insulation tape.

Access the fuse board in the car and tap into the fuse for internal lights or cigarette lighter. Attached the other side to an earth point (you'll find a small bolt attached to the car body somewhere in the vicinity so use this)
    Attach your usb lead to the charger and secure it with tape or cable tie behind the dashboard.

If you know where the fuse board is and are reasonably competent, it'll only take you 10-15 mins. If you are asking yourself "what's a fuse board?" Then leave it alone.

Advertisement