Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Car Detailing, Dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2016 10:53am

I gather from the charter that this is where I should ask, mods apologies and please move if I've misinterpreted.

I've searched a little but most threads are a slightly older.

Is Spirit Detailing still considered the best in the business?

I want to have an exterior detail done on my '94 MR2, really interested in getting into doing it myself but for the first one I'd like it done to full potential by the professionals so I at least have a standard to aim for.

Can you recommend me some places to check out? I'm in south Dublin but don't mind travelling a bit.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Detailing forum here

Spirit and Elite Auto Clean seem to be the most recommended.

stimpson wrote: »
    Detailing forum here

Spirit and Elite Auto Clean seem to be the most recommended.

Thanks I thought the detailing forum was only for DIY detailing but I'm only half awake so I probably messed it up.

Detailing forum is for anything and everything detail related (incl. asking for who to bring your car to). :)

That said, I'd advise DIY'ing it yourself from the word go, if you see yourself wanting to DIY it at a later stage anyway. The money you spend getting someone to do a professional job on it would get you started with your own kit. Although there is a joy in getting someone else to do it, and seeing the before/after yourself, you'll have much more fun toying around with it yourself and figuring out how to do different things.

Your car is a bit of an enthusiast car I believe, so i presume it has been machine polished by a previous owner at some point, but if it hasn't, then the before/after and progress as you go will be fantastic (I believe yours is red?). When I first detailed my own car fully, the sense of achievement was amazing (I spent about 3 days locked away in a shed with it, doing everything and learning as I went - It was frustrating and tiring at times, but when I was done, and the car looked like it was still in the showroom, VS how it looked before, I was smiling from ear to ear for days on end. I think it'd be a shame to miss that feeling of accomplishment so someone else can do it as their 9-5).

My younger brother had his first car last year. a 01 (I think) red Saxo. We machine polished it and it was a noticeably sharper, more vibrant shade of red (you could see the difference as we went along doing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hi Whoopsy, If you are in Dublin, Elite Auto Clean in Blanchardstown would be your best bet instead of going to Kildare but Brian in Spirit Detailing is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

+1 for Elite Auto Clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

There are a few options but as said, Ian in Elite Auto Clean and Brian in Spirit Detailing are the most established.

Advertisement