Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE online return query

Options
  • 06-03-2016 6:52am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭

Gonna purchase an online ticket from Wexford to Dublin. My outward timings are definite so I've no issues there but I was wondering if the return is open even though I have booked for a particular date/time. Can I go in a later bus if I'm delayed or could I decide to stay overnight and still use the return portion the following day. It's hard to get this information on their website. Quite confusing. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Afaik you can take any other bus on the return journey on that particular day but after the time of your booked journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

To peruse the online booking facility it's necessary to select a return date (& time) but one is not tied to this. In fact in the case of a monthly return ticket the ticket just states the final date of validity i.e. a monthly return ticket bought for outward travel on 07 March when issued by the driver just shows a final validity date of 06 April so one is free to return on any bus on any date up until and including the final service on 06 April.

Ditto for a day return ticket - you must select a particular bus to return on in the online process but this is not stamped on the ticket issued.
    Buying your tickets online for the first time on our new website?
    You may notice a few changes.
    You will be asked for your departure times and return dates.
    Please note that these are not reservations, so are flexible, if you miss the departure time you are aiming for, you will be able to use your ticket on the next departure time or later the same day instead.
    A student return is valid for one month, so once you select your return date in the future, you will actually have one month to use the return portion of your ticket, you must however, keep the ticket issued to you by the driver as this is your actual ticket.
    We ask for the times and return date so that we can provide you with timetables and also to enable us to plan for capacity.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=422

Booked online an adult open return from Wexford town to Dublin is €26.60.

If you're travelling from Rosslare an online return on the train is €36 (but tied to returning on a specific train) or buying at the station (from ticket machine) it's €38.40 (can return on any train)

Advertisement