Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creatine??

Options
  • 06-03-2016 1:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

It's available in Ireland, right?

Cost?

Is it expensive to take regularly?

Does it need to be cycled?
    PCT necessary?

Size and strength gains noticeable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yes. Cheap as chips if you go to a site like myprotein. I'd avoid places like Holland and Barretts. Don't need to cycle or load it. No you don't need PCT creatine is not a steroid. Depends on who you ask if it's noticeable. Some people pick up an additional few kilos due to water weight. Personally I think most people notice placebo and exaggerate the effects of it. Personally I take 10g per day and plan on doing that for the foreseeable future. No reason not to take it when it has a host of benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Creatine is probably the cheapest supplement there is. You could probably get a years supply from MyProtein for €20-25.

When you first start taking creatine you will put on a bit of water weight which will disappear when you stop taking it. Creatine itself will not make you bigger or stronger beyond that. Its purpose is to improve recovery and increase energy allowing you to work harder. It's the working harder that will increase strength and size. If you don't push yourself harder while using creatine you won't see much benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Creatine is a very cheap supp which helps you push more weight, and is one of the most proven supplements out there, alongside Caffeine. 500g is usually around €10 on myprotein or bulkpowders. Take 5g a day and reap the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

examine.com will tell you everything you need to know about creatine. In short it's very safe and very cheap no need to cycle it, pre-load, front load, back load or any other load. No PCT either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I find it very strange that you know what PCT is, yet ask such basic questions about creatine.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

PCT?

Lol, no. It's this PCT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Anyone find Creapure better than alternatives ?

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Anyone find Creapure better than alternatives ?

Found it no different. Don't see the point of being refined from 98% to 99.9%, or what ever. When you are then going to dilute is down to a 5% or less solution, plus what ever else it mixes with in your stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What do most people mix it with? I've read that it's supposed to be mixed with a sugary drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

What do most people mix it with? I've read that it's supposed to be mixed with a sugary drink?

I put 5g of creatine in my protein shake. If I wasn't mixing it with a protein shake i'd put it in water.

I've never heard of mixing it with sugary drinks and I don't drink them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mixing it with a sugary drink might speed up absorption but it won't change the total absorption so there's no need to mix with a sugary drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

I'd avoid creatine ethyl ester, it tastes horrendous. Creatine monohydrate/creapure has no taste so works fine with water, just a little gritty.

Advertisement