Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm upgrade

Options
  • 06-03-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm hoping to get some advice on upgrading my home alarm. It needs to be ISO certified for the home insurance.

Currently there's a 15-20 year old HKC wired system installed with 6 zones

1) Hall door entry [Shock and Contact ]
    2) Up stairs windows [Shock x6]
    3) PIR
    4) Front downstairs windows [Shock x3 and Contact x7]
    5) Back downstairs windows, 3 doors and 2 sheds [Shock x5 and Contact x7]
    6) 2 panic buttons and fire

I'd like to have the ability to connect to the internet and receive notification when the alarm is activated and if possible arm/disarm it remotely.
    As there is also an elderly person in the home id like to have a remote panic switch for them as well as an internal sounder.
    I would like to set the zones up as

1) Hall door entry [Shock and Contact ]
    2) Up stairs windows [Shock x6]
    3) 1 PIR
    4) Front downstairs windows [Shock x2 and Contact x6]
    5) Back downstairs windows [Shock x1 and Contact x2]
    6) 2 panic buttons and fire
    7) Side Door [Shock and Contact ]
    8) 2 Back doors [Shock x2 and Contact x2]
    9) 2 Sheds [Shock x2 and Contact x2]
    10) Remote panic

I would need to add 2 contact sensors to the back downstairs windows in the near future and plan on adding a camera system at some point if that has any effect ?
    Also in the future i may add contact sensors to the upstairs windows x11

I think i have covered everything in the want and need list but would welcome any suggestions,id like to avoid any subscription type monitoring.

Have about €800-1100 in mind excluding future upgrades,is this realistic ? I'm guessing the existing sensors could be used

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

My recommendation here would be to use the Siemens/Vanderbilt SPC Range,
    You can use existing wired sensors & detection devices. You have the ability to add wireless. Their IP panel gives free remote access, apps, browser access ,email alerts & polling with network down notifications .
    This would be one of our most popular panels. If you have any more questions on it please let me know.

Advertisement