Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

reliability advice

Options
  • 05-03-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Straight shootout for my next car. All 2012 models. Manual boxes, All E21/22k, in price, approx 60-70k in miles and all around the 2L diesel mark. FSH and 'straight' from what i can tell.

Which car do you reckon will give the least trouble? (Or be the safest option?)

Bmw 320
    Vw Cc
    Audi A4
    Merc c220

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Straight shootout for my next car. All 2012 models. Manual boxes, All E21/22k, in price, approx 60-70k in miles and all around the 2L diesel mark. FSH and 'straight' from what i can tell.

Which car do you reckon will give the least trouble? (Or be the safest option?)

Bmw 320
    Vw Cc
    Audi A4
    Merc c220

Thanks!!!

W204 would be facelifted by 2012 - and that would be my type.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

grogi wrote: »
    W204 would be facelifted by 2012 - and that would be my type.

Ya its top of my list at the moment but its a manual box.
    Have always had a manual but was advised to try get an auto for a merc (i know very little about tbh) but you are talking 2/3 grand more in price.

320 was best to drive imo, but im hearing too many horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Merc has to be auto, its the only way and you wont regret it. Would be worth the extra few quid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Never buy a merc unless its auto.

They just are not meant to have a gear stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The VW CC if its the pre revamp one just looks so much better. Might not be the best car to drive but it is the best looking of that lot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement