Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 days in Hong Kong in November

Options
  • 05-03-2016 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

I was there last week for four nights. Amazing place with so much energy about it.

I would suggest all of the usual stuff (Star Ferry, Tsim Sha Tsui, the Peak etc.) but you've probably read all about them. My advice would be to try and get out of the city for the day or two to do the Dragons Back or Lantau. I can't wait to go back. So many islands to explore.

I stayed in Mongkok. More authentic and a lot cheaper.

Public transport is great and really cheap. Food is great too and can be as expensive or as cheap as you want it to be.

Am I right in saying you also jumped on the Argentina deal last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

First thing you do is Victoria Peak. We left it to the last day but it was foggy up there so there was no point. If you plan to do it early, then you have other days if the weather is bad.

We did the big buddah via cable car. Absolutely fantastic. Take the star ferry cruise to see the symphony of lights.

When you arrive, get an octopus card. Its like the leap card here and is really useful.

Advertisement