Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venom: The Movie

Options
  • 05-03-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

So a lot of sites reporting that Sony are going ahead with a Venom film but that it will be unrelated to the new Spider-Man franchise.

I have to admit my first thought was 'For ****'s sake Sony can you not let Marvel do their thing!', maybe Marvel are OK with this but it seems daft to have a separate Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man universe running alongside a Marvel universe with Spider-Man.

Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sony really haven't learned there lesson what good is Venom on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It may chanemge if they see how marvel handle spidey?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sony really haven't learned there lesson what good is Venom on his own?

If they go the Flash Thompson route of having the Venom symbiote attach to him to become a super government soldier, it could be pretty good and wouldn't need a link to Spidey. Doesn't really use any Spidey-powers, it's more for strength, speed, endurance and legs.

But seriously though Venom and the whole Symbiote thing is a fantastic story and origin and to completely avoid all of that just to make a generic action movie , Just seems like a waste to me

Might aswell go away and adapt the game prototype into a movie same idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

To be honest, there's a million ways they can make it work without Spider-man's involvement; some good, some not so good.

At this stage, in the upcoming Spider-man reboots, I'd rather see villains we haven't seen before, rather than try to do better, more faithful versions of ones we have. At least to start with, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

To be honest, there's a million ways they can make it work without Spider-man's involvement; some good, some not so good.

At this stage, in the upcoming Spider-man reboots, I'd rather see villains we haven't seen before, rather than try to do better, more faithful versions of ones we have. At least to start with, anyway.

The "Amazing" two have tried this with the Lizard and Electro (and Rhino to an extent). There has only been 5 films and apart from a Goblin overload we haven't seen anyone twice.

Lizard fell flat with plot holes and CGI that looked rushed. Electro was basically a poor character build and Rhino's cameo was generally hated with his mech-suit, but I thought was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

L.S.F wrote: »
    The "Amazing" two have tried this with the Lizard and Electro (and Rhino to an extent). There has only been 5 films and apart from a Goblin overload we haven't seen anyone twice.

Lizard fell flat with plot holes and CGI that looked rushed. Electro was basically a poor character build and Rhino's cameo was generally hated with his mech-suit, but I thought was good.

indeed. Which is why I'm not in the "you can't do Venom without Spider-man" camp. Cos I'd rather we don't see him in the reboots and see someone new instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think they should make this with Marvel instead of doing it separately.

I know people didn't like the 2 "Amazing" films but it was annoying that they didn't finish the trilogy.

I can see the same happening here, make a Venom film that won't perform as well as they want, then scrap it.

I think people would like to see Spiderman in a Venom film too and they probably can't do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Seems like Sony is just going ahead with their Spider-Man spinoff plans without Spider-Man. Doesn't bode well.
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I know people didn't like the 2 "Amazing" films but it was annoying that they didn't finish the trilogy.

I liked the idea someone floated around a while back of bringing in Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield alongside the new guy to do a variation of Spider-Verse (while introducing Morales and Spider-Gwen).

I'd love to see a version of Kraven's last hunt played out on the big screen or Morlun two of my favourite spiderman stories

• Advertisement
Advertisement