Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 5 series 2.2L Petrol BMW query

Options
  • 05-03-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I have a 2002 5 series BMW 2.2L Petrol. The query i have is this, can anyone recommend a place to get the main BMW key copied as the one I have is in bits ?.

Also for the interior, the door armrest on the driverside door card has a tear in it and Im looking to replace it. Anybody have any ideas as to where I could get one to replace it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

Hi All,

I have to get another key for my car. Would anybody know if I got two new uncut keys, would there be a place that would cut and program them for me from the old key I have.. OR will I have to pay the full price for them of €160 each !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

For a key I used the main dealers, I got mine for €180, cut and coded, pretty cheap I thought. A breakers should have a door card, should be easy enough to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Your going to be looking at 150-200 quid per key. Plenty of places doing it besides main dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

What colour is the door card?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm not overly familiar with the key type but yould it not be possible to get a new key casing on Ebay or similar and then fit the main components from the current key in to it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement