Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm beeping noise

Options
  • 05-03-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

A few days ago, my Astec alarm showed code 61 "Call Engineer", and it was making this beeping noise every 30 seconds or so (noise coming from main panel and internal fire alarms). I replaced the battery with help from a prior thread ("Astec Alarm - Error 61 - Battery").

After replacing the battery, the code 61 is now gone, but the main panel is still beeping every 30 seconds. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's more than likely your mains powered smoke alarms that are beeping. They're not connected to your burglar alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

Thought that was it too, but no, the beeping sound every 30 seconds definitely comes from the burglar alarm panel box (the one containing the battery and PCB). No error codes on the keypad panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is noting in that main control panel that can make any beeping sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

cylor wrote: »
    Thought that was it too, but no, the beeping sound every 30 seconds definitely comes from the burglar alarm panel box (the one containing the battery and PCB). No error codes on the keypad panel.

It's 100% not the panel. It's very likely your mains smokies as per my first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

I'm a complete idiot. The beeps came from the CO alarm nearby (low battery), nothing to do with the Astec alarm.

Both the Astec and the CO alarm warning me to replace their battery on the same day was what got me, what are the odds eh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Believe me. I get calls like that every week.

Advertisement