Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oregon Scientific radio controlled clock

Options
  • 05-03-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I've owned one of the above for about a year and on three occasions, always at the weekend, it has gained time overnight. Last night it was three hours, and on another occasion it was around eight hours. Has anyone else experienced this ?

I'm in Co Meath, so I assume it's getting its signal from Anthorn in Cumbria UK.

I had a similar model when I lived in the UK and I don't recall it ever doing this. I believe the signal at that time was coming from Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depends on what version of the clock you have, it may use one of only two radio time signals: UK version gets time from MSF (Anthorn, Cumbria, 60 kHz), EU version uses DCF (Frankfurt, Germany, 77.5 kHz).

I had similar problems with some of my clocks, all caused by flat batteries.

Have a read --> http://www.npl.co.uk/science-technology/time-frequency/products-and-services/time/common-clock-problems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

This is strange this morning all our clocks (radio controlled) and Oregon scientific are 4 hours ahead!

I first noticed it in the bedroom on our weather station. I got up at 5am and clock showed 9am. Kitchen wall clock was the same.

Advertisement