Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling ROI VRT car back again in NI.

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought an import from a dealer in ROI and now I want to go to Belfast and buy a car myself from dealer up there and I'm wondering could I bring my car up as a trade in? Is it still registered up there or would it need to go through some sort of equivalent VRT up there? Or would I get a better price down here through private sale given our inflated prices?

I read the sticky here which is brilliant on the buying side but not sure about the selling

Thanks!
    Gumby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It really depends on the car. You wouldn't have to pay any VRT in the north. Exchange rates are good in terms of exporting, a lot of NI dealers have traders down south that will buy their Irish reg cars. It would prob be less hassle buying straight. If it's a low value car, I'd just sell it here.
    If you paid VRT then you might be eligible for a VRT refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,471 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Likely better to sell here private and then buy up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gumbyman2000

Hi guys - thanks a lot for the info - i really appreciate it. I'll sell here first.

Cheers
    Gumby,

Advertisement