Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pringle prefers NBP promise to eir promise for Donegal.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont get it, these areas are going to be serviced quicker than any of the NBP areas and with a reliable service that we know is gonna work and the government will have less to spend, a win win for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

I don't think he understands that it was ftth that was announced
    The Government strategy was established in the first place because companies deemed certain areas commercially unviable. I suspect this is an attempt by private companies to corner their share of the market and that they may be aware they are dealing with potentially inferior technology compared to fibre wrapped broadband.At the end of the day Donegal must not lose out because of private company dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

He was talking about the people who wasn't getting FTTH of eir they be on inferior technology like LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

He's talking through his hole like he usually does. He, like the vast majority of our wonderful elected representatives havent a clue about the economics and regulatory issues around broadband rollout. Not that that stops any of them from regularly opening their mouths and putting both their feet into them.

The other thing to remember about Pringle's latest spew of nonsense is that it reflects the oft-held view among TDs that a State-funded scheme is nearly always preferable to a privately funded one.....that way they get to ask endless inane questions to ministers and on the rare occasions when there is any poisitive news, they can claim credit.

Advertisement