Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing physio as an msc vs bsc

Options
  • 04-03-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Does whether you've done physiotherapy as an undergraduate degree or a masters affect employment prospects/reputation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Being a BSc physio student, from this perspective I haven't noticed a huge difference. As long as the course is recognised by the ISCP, you should have no problem with job prospects as a basic-grade physio in a hospital/community or a private physiotherapy clinic. However, I heard tell that you have to have a masters to be a senior in the hospital, but how true that is I honestly don't know. Bottom line, you can be a very successful physio with just a BSc, and even more successful if you do a PhD or Master's, of which there are plenty of opportunities to do

Advertisement