Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearing a site - advice

Options
  • 04-03-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

People, I have an acre and a quarter on which I hope to start a house in about a year. The soil is wonderful soft clay - so good that thousands of ash saplings have self seeded from the neighbouring trees in the past few years. Some are 6" diameter trees at this stage.
    What would be the best way to clear the site ? Would I need a JCB or a tractor to plough it all up and when should I start.? I hope to end up with a flat site to start gardening in a year or so. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why not keep a woodland as part of the garden? instead of ploughing up all the trees...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

why not keep a woodland as part of the garden? instead of ploughing up all the trees...

Well, they are in the way obviously and I hope to plant a small wood anyway to screen the house. I am astounded at how fast they grew - the site was cleared farmland eight years ago.

Advertisement