Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been to Bruge? Love to hear your favourite spots

Options
  • 04-03-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all - headed to Bruges next week - second time I will have gone, but a lot more free time on this trip. I'd love to hear any favourite sites, restaurants, trips etc., particularly ones that are budget friendly. We have four days there, and I have two long ones to myself essentially. My partner and I plan to visit Ghent as something different and what looks like a pretty sweet brewery tour in Bruges, but bar that we are wide open. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Bruge is pretty small from what I remember. A good shortcut to cheap interesting things to do in most cities is to find the backpackers guides.

There's a hostelworld guide here. http://www.hostelworld.com/pdf-guides/bruges

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

If you like beer then you have to go to Brugs Beertje on Kemelstraat. Its a small little pub down a backstreet about 5 mins walk from the main square and it has over 300 types of Belgian beer in stock (mostly bottles). You just walk in and take a seat. One of the barstaff will wander over to your table and drop a beer menu (small homemade encyclopedia) for you to choose from on your table and open a tab for you.
    There also De Halve Maan brewery where they brew some local beers.You can go there and join a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wearyexplorer

Thanks for the replies folkds. We had a lovely time. Amazing food and great central Air B&B too (that also had In Bruges on DVD :) ). In the end, I mainly enjoyed reading and writing in endless coffee shops, soaking up the atmosphere and cobbled streets as I went. We did a boat and walking tour and we also did a day trip to the slightly more lively Ghent (recommend seeing the amazing castle there and a boat trip too on their canal).

Absolutely perfect city. I knew I was awake, but felt like I was in a dream (spot the film reference ;))

Advertisement