Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book for wife's insurance.

Options
  • 04-03-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

my wife's insurance company have emailed looking for a copy of my log book to apply a discount for having a second car. I'm down as a named driver on her policy with me having my own car. I've never heard of this and can't see why they'd need the log book given my own insurance company didn't look for one.

Just seems unusual to me so thought I'd ask the good people here if anyone's had to do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

As proof that you have a second car. A discount is based on the fact the named driver (you) has their own car and they need proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If the wife is not named on your policy, or you're not given a discount for her driving her own car, then your insurer has no interest in the other car.
    In the case of your wife's policy, you were added as a named driver having his own car, and they're giving you a discount for that, so they want to see you're actually not lying about this. I suspect they want the copy of the logbook of your car, not the one they insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Someone mentioned this a week or so, is it through Bank Of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Someone mentioned this a week or so, is it through Bank Of Ireland?

BOI/RSA site does not ask if named driver owns or has access to a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hasmunch wrote: »
    As proof that you have a second car. A discount is based on the fact the named driver (you) has their own car and they need proof.

Some companies ask if the named driver owns a car, some ask if their have access to a different car.

If their asked if a driver has access to a different car, they have no grounds to request a VRC now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

No it's through campion, brokers for Allianz I think.
    Just something I had never heard of in 16 years of getting insurance. They didn't want a log book for her car and my insurance company didn't look for a log book for her car either.

If it's a common practice then grand I'll forward it on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ben9195

dellWlan wrote: »
    No it's through campion, brokers for Allianz I think.
    Just something I had never heard of in 16 years of getting insurance. They didn't want a log book for her car and my insurance company didn't look for a log book for her car either.

If it's a common practice then grand I'll forward it on.

Thanks

Send a photocopy of it in case it gets lost in the post or by the insur
    ance company

Advertisement