Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 B7 2008 heater fan not blowing.

Options
  • 04-03-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the heater fan going kaput on these is a common issue and if so how difficult is it to change it and how expensive to buy one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please explain better what is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

biko wrote: »
    Please explain better what is wrong.

Heater blower fan not blowing .

All lights and switches on climate control panel functioning normally including fan speed lndication bars lit up and go off as selected just no blow from the fan.

Vent motors can be heard working when selecting def, footwells ,dash vents etc. The air is hot or cold as selected just no air being blown.

Fuse 25 on side of dash for heater blower, 30amp, checked and looks good .

Only other thing wrong with the system which has been wrong for a long while is a noise like a fast repetitive clicking valve/motor for one of the vents every now and again , especially if you spray windscreen washers for some reason.

I was wondering if the fan is a common fault on these A4 B7's . Car is 2008 with 130k miles on the clock.

Local Audi dealer only ever sold one replacement fan but seeing as they are €460 maybe people source them elsewhere.

Any other suggestions help appreciated .

Next step is stick it on diagnostic computer I guess.

Before going further, swap the fuse with another same rating to make absolutely sure it's ok.

Doing a bit of searching it seems to be "not uncommon" :)

Changing the blower motor is a pretty straightforward job. Check ebay and similar for motors, I see some for around 20

Not a great vid but shows the work on an A3

biko wrote: »
    Before going further, swap the fuse with another same rating to make absolutely sure it's ok.

Doing a bit of searching it seems to be "not uncommon" :)

Changing the blower motor is a pretty straightforward job. Check ebay and similar for motors, I see some for around 20

Not a great vid but shows the work on an A3

Thanks Biko, seems straight forward enough and they're cheap 2nd hand of eBay. Worth a shot .

Replaced fan today and that fixed it. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Sound, glad it was easily fixed.

Advertisement